We are looking for hard working kitchen porters to join our team. The main duties will include; washing up, cleaning, general food prep and assisting the chefs. We will provide full training and opportunities to work your way up into the kitchen team if you are interested. The ideal candidate must be hard-working, punctual and motivated. Hours can be varied and can be flexible to suit you.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for washing and storing all crockery, pots, pans and utensils in a proper manner
- Ensures items are air dried before storage in a neat fashion
- Exercises initiative in helping keep all areas clean
- Sets up and breaks down pot wash machine, including arms, screens and baskets and other stations as needed.
- Assists in food preparation and working stations as needed.
- Cleans and sanitises bins, and keeps clean liners in bins at all times. Takes out rubbish to bin stores when required
- Cleans and keeps tidy pot wash room area
- Washes all windows, sweeps and mops floors, washes walls and ceilings when required
- Aids in the washing and cleaning of all equipment, shelves, storage units, tables, chairs, sinks, etc.
Skills & Abilities
- Basic knowledge of kitchen equipment and procedures, safety and sanitation regulations
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and move from area to area in the kitchen
- Polished and professional approach to work
- Enthusiastic team player
- Ability to work under pressure
- High standards of cleanliness and hygiene
What we offer you in return
- Hourly rate of £5.50-£8.50 per hour dependent upon age and experience
- Share of tips
- ‘Family’ meals before service
- Staff discount
- On the job training and development
- Kitchen banter and lots of laughs
To apply, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org – please include your CV and a covering letter explaining how you would be perfect for this role