Senior Sous Chef
Our senior Sous Chef will be expected to lead, motivate, train and supervise the kitchen team and take full responsibility for food storage, preparation and service in the restaurant. You must be energetic, sociable and enthusiastic with a real passion for food, constantly striving to push boundaries and exceed expectations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To take control of the day to day running of the kitchen
- Assist the chef director with creative menu writing
- Ordering food from suppliers each day, ensuring that we uphold an excellent reputation with all suppliers and ensuring that dry stores and ingredients are always in stock when required.
- Checking off of deliveries, ensuring invoices are noted where credits are required & supervising team putting deliveries away into correct fridges etc.
- Ensuring we stick to pre-set gross profit percentages
- To ensure health and safety documentation is completed on a daily basis by the team
- Ensuring fridges & dry stores are organised, rotated, labelled & are h&s compliant at all times
- Ensure date labelling is enforced at all times on all produce.
- Inspiring, motivating and leading a team of junior chefs and kitchen porters
- Ensuring training, mentoring & disciplining is provided to the kitchen team wherever required
- Complying with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Monitoring food preparation at all times ensuring all prep items and recipes are made to standard
- Maintaining the highest level of food quality with the aim of consistently exceeding our guest’s expectations
- Keeping Socius recipe folder up to date
- Maintaining a positive and professional approach with co-workers and customers.
Skills & Abilities
- Previous experience of running a busy restaurant kitchen
- Polished and professional approach to work
- Positive and pro-active minded person who is capable of motivating and running a team of chefs
- Outstanding communication and leadership skills
- Understanding of the financials of running a kitchen and profit margins
- Capable of delegating multiple tasks
- Consistency/ Attention to detail
- Flexibility & ability to change to reflect different working environments
- Enthusiastic team player
- Ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines
- High standards of cleanliness and hygiene
- A strong understanding of produce and ingredients
- Ability to spot unresolved problems efficiently
What we offer you in return
- Competitive salary - negotiable dependant upon experience
- Share of tips
- 28 days holiday
- 5 days off a week – Sunday evening/Monday/Tuesday
- Staff discount
- Option of shares in the business for the right candidate after a period of commitment
- On the job training and development